WHAT IS Amfira PGT?
Amfira is a preimplantation genetic test (PGT) that can help you increase your chances of becoming pregnant and delivering a healthy baby. Amfira can be used during In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) cycles to test embryos and detect which ones are chromosomally normal (euploid). Euploid embryos have the highest potential of resulting in a successful pregnancy and delivery of a healthy baby.
HOW DOES Amfira PGT HELP ME?
Chromosomal changes (aneuploidies) are the primary cause of miscarriages during pregnancy. Whole chromosome aneuploidies occur more frequently with increasing maternal age. Women over 35 years old generally have more difficulty conceiving, a higher risk of miscarriage and of having a baby with a chromosomal abnormality. However, other types of aneuploidies, like segmental changes or mosaicism (mix of normal and abnormal cells), can occur in women of all ages.
Euploid embryos have the best potential for implanting and leading to a healthy pregnancy, with as few IVF cycles as possible, as euploid embryos are preferentially transferred over others that may not have the same reproductive potential.
By identifying euploid embryos, Amfira PGT can help you take informed decisions about your pregnancy and optimize your chances of a successful and healthy live birth.
WHO SHOULD HAVE Amfira PGT?
WHY SHOULD I ASK MY DOCTOR ABOUT Amfira PGT?
PGT cannot correct embryos with a chromosomal aneuploidy. It can only identify which embryos have aneuploidies and which don't. With Amfira PGT, your embryologist will confidently know which embryos are euploid and select them for transfer, which could:
- Increase chances of a successful pregnancy
- Increase chances of healthy live births
- Lower miscarriage rate
- Lead to safer pregnancies by promoting single embryo transfers (SET), thus avoiding complications of multiple pregnancy
- Achieve a pregnancy earlier than in cycles without PGT
WHAT WILL Amfira PGT TELL ME?
Amfira will let you know whether your embryos are:
Euploid: An embryo which is chromosomally normal, having in total 46 chromosomes. Euploid embryos have the best chance of implantation, successful pregnancy and birth of a healthy baby.
Aneuploid: An embryo with additional or fewer chromosomes than the correct number. Depending on whether a whole chromosome is missing or is extra, or just a part of it (segmental aneuploidy), the survival, implantation rate, risk of miscarriage and the health of the baby are affected.
Mosaic: An embryo which has the correct number of chromosomes in some of its cells, and an incorrect number of chromosomes in others. Your fertility team may choose to implant a mosaic embryo, depending on the chromosome affected by mosaicism and whether there are no euploid embryos available.
Amfira OFFERS 2 PGT PANELS:
PGT-A: PGT for Aneuploidies
For all individuals or couples going through IVF.
PGT-A examines the chromosomes of embryos to detect the ones that are euploid and have the best prospect to result in a healthy pregnancy. PGT-A tests for all 23 chromosomal pairs.
A person with a balanced translocation may have:
- Difficulty conceiving
- Recurrent pregnancy loss
- A child without the translocation, or with a balanced form of the translocation, who will be phenotypically healthy
- A child with an unbalanced form of the translocation that will have extra or missing chromosomal material, which may cause physical or intellectual impairements
IS PGT THE BEST CHOICE FOR ME?
In the last two decades, PGT has become a routine part of IVF cycles. PGT requires embryo biopsy to be performed during IVF; which is a procedure many experienced embryologists are trained to perform. During the procedure, a few cells from the developing embryo are removed and sent to our laboratory for testing, while the embryos remain in the fertility clinic. Overall, treatment success, both in terms of higher live birth rates and lower miscarriage rates, is improved when PGT is used as part of the IVF cycle. Obstetric, neonatal and early childhood outcome data in children conceived through IVF and PGT are reassuring. With the continuing advancements of technology, the latest techniques both in embryo biopsy and preimplantation genetic testing provide highest levels of safety, efficiency and accuracy than ever before.
The graph above shows the advantage of identifying and transferring a euploid embryo, where one exists, in regards to live births.
✝ Data obtained from the Preliminary National Summary Report for 2018 of the Society for Assisted Reproductive Technology (SART) and summarize data per transfer for first embryo transfers using patients' own eggs.
HOW IS Amfira PGT PERFORMED?
NIPD Genetics is a leading, innovative biotechnology company that designs, develops, and provides a broad spectrum of healthcare services to its customers through its expansive portfolio of molecular and clinical laboratory tests in all disciplines.
At NIPD Genetics we are committed to protecting and respecting our customer’s privacy and personal information. Personal information or personal data means any information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could be reasonably linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular individual, such as name, identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that individual.
NIPD Genetics collects and processes your personal information according to the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the Cypriot law providing for the protection of natural persons with regards to the processing of personal data and for the free movement of such data (L. 125(I)/2018). The following principles lie at the heart of our approach to handling personal data:
- Lawfulness, fairness and transparency – We collect and process personal data in a lawful and transparent manner and clearly communicate to our customers how their personal data will be used.
- Purpose limitation – We only use personal data for the purpose for which they have been collected.
- Data minimization – We only collect the data that is absolutely necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed.
- Accuracy – We take every reasonable step to ensure that personal data collected are accurate and up to date.
- Storage limitation – We do not keep personal data for longer than it is needed. Personal data are periodically reviewed and erased if they are not needed or anonymized and stored for scientific research purposes.
- Integrity and confidentiality (security) – Appropriate technical and organizational measures are in place to ensure that personal data are adequately protected from any unauthorised or illegal processing and accidental loss, destruction or damage.
- Accountability – We, at NIPD Genetics, are committed to compliance with all legal requirements and promote internal practices to achieve the highest standards for personal data privacy.
NIPD Genetics has appointed a Data Protection Officer (DPO) who is responsible for overseeing and ensuring that personal information is collected and processed in line with these principles. The contact details of the Data Protection Officer (DPO) can be found below:
Email address: email@example.com
Postal address: 31 Neas Engomis street, 2409 Engomi, Nicosia, Cyprus
Telephone number: + 357 22266888
PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTION AND PROCESSING
We collect and process several types of personal information from and about users of our websites and of our products and services, including:
- Personal and sensitive information: some of our products and services may involve testing of biological samples that we or our customers use to create test reports, genotyping or sequencing services for research or clinical purposes and the receipt, creation, or analysis of genomic or other data derived from samples, including through our customer’s use of our software as a service product. In receiving samples and providing our products and services, we may obtain your name and surname, date of birth, email address, home address, telephone number, gender, ethnicity and other health related information.
- Computer, device and browsing information: as you interact with our products and services online, including this website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your computer or device, as well as browsing actions and usage patterns. This data may include your IP address, browser type or version. The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include cookies. You can control cookies by adjusting your cookies settings.
Information about children
If you are under 18 years of age, do not register on our website or provide any information about yourself to us. We do not provide our products or services directly to children or proactively collect their personal information. Despite this prohibition, it is possible that we may sometimes be given information about children while handling samples from our customers in our clinical labs, or through use of our products and services by our customers and partners. If we become aware that we have inadvertently collected personal information from children under the age of 18, without parental consent, we will take the necessary steps to delete it as soon as possible in compliance with applicable laws.
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your personal information is collected by NIPD Genetics for the following purposes:
- To provide you with our products and services, respond to your inquiries or fulfill your requests and otherwise manage your relationship with us. The legal basis for processing is to meet the requirements of a contract, to comply with our legal obligations and/or because we have a legitimate interest in responding to requests for information about our products and services.
- To communicate with you about content and product offerings, newsletters and event invitations which are relevant to your interests and in line with your preferences. The legal basis for processing is the individual’s explicit consent prior to sending the information and managing individuals preferences.
- To process and respond to complaints. The legal basis for processing is to meet a legal obligation.
- To monitor and record information relating to the use of our products and services, including our website. The legal basis for processing is our legitimate interest in order to improve our products and services and our website for individuals.
To provide our products and services, NIPD Genetics may collect, receive and process biological samples to isolate and sequence DNA. NIPD Genetics may then store resulting genetic information and use genetic information to provide our products and services. In some cases, NIPD Genetics may provide interpretations of genetic information on behalf of its customers, including healthcare providers. This is only done pursuant to a written contract or a Sample Information Form with a patient’s informed consent and is subject to applicable legal and ethical safeguards.
This sensitive information described above is collected by NIPD Genetics for the following purposes:
- To provide support and maintenance services to customers who use our products and services – The legal basis for processing is to meet the requirements of a contract.
- To provide genotyping and sequencing services and analysis for our customers, including healthcare providers. The legal basis of this processing is to meet the requirements of a contract or as allowed in the Sample Information Form with a patient’s informed consent.
- To conduct genotyping and sequencing services and analysis for quality control, process and product development and improvements, and optimization in our labs to reflect quality improvements and advances in our technology. The legal basis for processing is the patient’s informed consent given through the Sample Information Form.
Transfer of Data
Your information, including personal data, may be transferred to - and maintained on - computers located outside your province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside Cyprus and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including personal data, to Cyprus and process it there.
Disclosure of Data
NIPD Genetics complies with the General Data Protection Regulation and will not sell or trade your personal information.
NIPD Genetics may disclose your personal information in the good faith that such action is necessary:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of NIPD Genetics
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with our products and services
- To protect against legal liability
COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifiers. Cookies are sent to your browser when you visit a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies used on the website are beacons, tags and scripts, to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our websites.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our websites.
Examples of Cookies we may use:
Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our websites.
Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Visitor behavior cookies. To understand how visitors use and navigate the websites
Keyword cookies. To understand how visitors discover the websites.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our websites.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page
SECURITY OF DATA
PERSONAL DATA RETENTION
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate, maintain or operate our websites (“Service Providers”), to provide the websites on our behalf, to perform service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our websites are used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party sites or services.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
NIPD Genetics ensures that it can respond immediately to requests that you make for the exercise of your legal rights in accordance with data protection laws. These rights are as follows:
- The right to withdraw consent at any time – in cases where processing is based on your consent
- The right of access – at any given time you have the right to know what information about you we hold and receive information about the processing activities we perform
- The right to rectify – you have the right to correct, amend and complete personal data that is incomplete
- The right to erasure (“right to be forgotten”) – you can request that your personal information is deleted
- The right to object – you can object at any time to our processing of your personal information
- The right to restriction of processing – this applies in the event:
- You dispute the accuracy of your personal information and until it is verified
- You oppose to the deletion of personal data and ask instead to delete the use of it
- The personal information is no longer necessary for us
- You object to the processing and we are considering whether our legitimate grounds for processing prevail over the reasons you oppose to the processing
- The right to data portability – at any given time you have the right to receive the personal information we hold about you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format (pdf, word etc.). You also have the right to request that these data are transferred to another service in a safe and secure way
You also have the right to lodge a complaint at any time to the Office of the Commissioner for Personal Data Protection.
Effective date: 18/06/2021Ok got it!